Isnin, 27 Ogos 2012

Selamat Bersara Pn Hjh Mariya

Star Q


Today, the Pre-University teachers organised a potluck to celebrate the retirement of one of our colleagues, Pn Hjh Mariya Ismaun.  It was not really a pot luck because we requested another colleague to cook the special dishes for today's do!

It was a special spread indeed, with the Tomato Rice, Kerutup Chicken, Sweet Sour Prawns, salad plus pudding.  We also brought our Raya cookies to add to the festive atmosphere.  The idea of potluck was that people could continue to eat, as long as there was still food left.  And indeed, even at the time this entry was made (2.10 p.m.) there still plenty of food and some colleagues were still eating happily!

The only sad note about this occasion is that we will be losing a dear friend.  To me personally, Kak Mariya (as I affectionately call her) has shared with me a lot of knowledge especially pertaining to being a better Muslim.  I pray, not only will she be happy after retirement, but I will also find another colleague like her, who can share with me the wisdom of seniority.

Tiada ulasan:

Catat Ulasan