Rabu, 29 Ogos 2012

Raya with Spaghetti Bolognese

Star Q


After the unpleasant experience a few years ago, of students not turning up for Raya after they repeatedly said that they would be coming, I have always held on to a close-house principle when it came to students.  It was a terrible experience when the missus and I really went all out to prepare seven chickens worth of Chicken Rice plus Cendol dessert; all done ala stalls.  When the day turned into night, and the students didn't even call to apologize, I decided they wouldn't be coming at all.  That was also the time when I decided, no more open houses for students.

But seeing that this group of students were so persistent about coming over for raya celebrations, I finally gave in (albeit with a little hint of apprehension!)  Of course I warned them that if they did not turn up, I will never forgive them.  Forever!!!


However, these students did turn up in droves.  I had prepared my version of Spaghetti Bolognese (recipe to come soon in MyTinyCorner1969.blogspot.com) and was initially afraid that it would not be enough.  But it turned out all my worries were unfounded.  In fact everybody had their share of the food and there was barely enough left for my daughter!  No worries there!

Anyway, in the spirit of Eid, to these students I thank them for coming.  And to the students of yesteryear who did not come, I have finally forgiven you!
  

Tiada ulasan:

Catat Ulasan