Isnin, 25 Jun 2012

Parking; Not At Par

Star Q


I remember when I was a student, a long time ago, I used to respect the teachers and every thing associated with them.  I mean I would respect their comments, the way they taught me (even though I may disagree at time!) and I even respected their tables in the teachers' common room; to the extent that I would feel scared even to enter the room!

However, times have passed ever so quickly.  Then again, times may have passed but I feel that the respect for teachers should always be there.  This is because I feel that the relationship between teachers and students is based on respect because without it there is really no relationship.  

Which brings me back to respecting things associated to the teacher, and in this case the parking space.  I remember during my time, the parking space (come to think there weren't any!) exclusively belonged to the teachers.  One, because students respected the teachers and two, students then, did not come to school using their own vehicles!

Since more and more students nowadays have their own vehicles (or their parents!) whether cars or motorcycles, they tend to take any empty parking space available, not knowing that those spaces have already been reserved for teachers.  I mean, it is bad enough that teachers have to allocate some parking space for them, the students even have the audacity to take over the parking space reserved for teachers!

It pains me to think how much I respect my teachers and when now, my own students clearly lacks it!

Tiada ulasan:

Catat Ulasan