Jumaat, 8 Jun 2012

End of Holiday : A Poem

Star Q


School holidays to me, I think
Can disappear in just one blink
Especially when you're having such fun
What fun?  There's actually none!

Marking papers, day in day out
That's what holiday is all about
Essays, summaries and litcoms to grade
I have nightmares when I go to bed

Moving furniture and books and what have you
From the old school building to the not so new
We didn't want to; we tried to resist
We lost when the boss said "I insist!"

Then there's the daughter who went to college
Sending her was tiring; not counting the mileage
Of course, anything for your children's future
Even if it means increased expenditure!

In spite of all that, I do agree
I had some rest, to a certain degree
But all too late I soon discover
That the holidays is finally over!









Tiada ulasan:

Catat Ulasan