Ahad, 7 Oktober 2012

A Different Aura

Star Q


A Piece of Mind

I was at the Negeri Sembilan Matriculation College this afternoon, carrying out my rights to visit one of my offspring, a student there.  It was about 1.30 p.m. and I noticed other parents and their charges we swarming the cafeteria.

What struck me as a pleasant surprise was the fact that the students, who very informally attired, were busy carrying their books heading for study locations, even on a Sunday!  I could not help but hear a group of them, who were passing by, discussing and talking about the coming examinations.  And when my family and I took shelter from the hot mid-day sun under one of the shades to have lunch, I found scraps of discussion notes left on the table and chairs!

I thought to myself, "The students can't all be talking about studies!".  But, apparently they were and it is the norm here (and I suppose in other similar locations!)

Bringing my thoughts back to the reality of my own students, I started to pray that I will at least see a glimmer of this situation.  I would like to see my students, even in their laughter and jokes, still be able to incorporate learning process as part of their daily routine in school.

After all the efforts put in, a teacher can only hope and pray.

Tiada ulasan:

Catat Ulasan